Funkay Monkay

Funkay Monkay
rainbow color block glasses with pink tinted frames courtesy of Aunt Rhonda

Monday, April 4, 2011

Survived...

the drive down Highland Road during a pretty intense thunderstorm...seems like a very appropriate time to blog


Today's Goodwill finds (& I even had a shopping partner today!)
Found these really interesting coasters with the animals made from mother of pearl. The top coaster is a ram. As for the bottom coaster, I assume it's a dog? Opinions? Here is a close up...


Moving on to this weekend's garage sale finds...
My sweet boyfriend agreed to  chauffeur me around town Saturday morning while I looked for some treasures.

This white beaded clutch with yellow hues by Corde' Bead circa 1940/50's was by far my best find of the weekend. The woman said she hated to let it go and that it belonged to her grandmother. It was a true bargain at only $1.

I also found this set of prints marked "Wedgefield pictures". The lady said that they were antiques...I am doubtful but either way I like them and they suit my apartment well AND they were only 5$ for the set of two!
I also found the following 3 items this weekend at a garage sale in Woodstone. The lady gave me all 3 pieces for only a buck. The first two teacups (well atleast I think these are teacups...does anyone know the proper names for these?) are from Japan.
Too bad this little one didn't come with a saucer
Speaking of teacups...I ADORE this strawberry teacup dog bed!
This goes on the wish list for sure. Harley really deserves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment